The NMIPA provides a forum where those in all areas of the Internet industry can exchange knowledge and ideas – not to mention camaraderie. The Alliance organizes monthly meetings with a speaker and time to chat with other members. The NMIPA is active in many endeavors with an eye to fostering the future of the Internet.
The NMIPA regularly posts highlights of projects our members have done; projects that involve a wide variety of industries.
NMIPA Mission Statement
The New Mexico Internet Professionals Alliance (NMIPA) is a non-partisan, statewide group of professionals with interests in the Internet and Internet-related activities. The NMIPA acts to foster the growth of the Internet industry and provides Internet education and training in New Mexico. The Alliance engages in legislative activity germane to the common interests of its members.
- Monthly meetings with speakers, discussion groups, networking, and dissemination of information pertinent to the Internet community.
- Hosting of a members’ email list to exchange ideas and opinions, and a public email list to promote Internet topics.
- Encouraging Internet media stories, dissemination of information, etc.
- Consumer education: how to use the Internet, what to do on the Internet.
- Educating New Mexico’s businesses about the economic potential of Internet e-commerce.
- Issue advocacy and lobbying on a state and national level.
- Awards: Web design awards; ISP service awards.
- Publication of the Internet Informer, a quarterly hard-copy newsletter
- Special Interest Groups: Women on the Web, etc.
- Trade Show Events: sponsorship and attendance at industry trade shows.